The Austin Public Library is looking for volunteers to help re-shelve books and other materials. Volunteers arrange library materials onto sorting carts in alphabetic and numeric order before shelving the materials in the stacks. Volunteers may also dust shelves, shelf read, and help keep reading areas tidy.
This position requires volunteers to push carts up to 75lbs and to bend, stoop, and stretch with or without reasonable accommodations. The position is best suited for those who love to organize. We require a 2 hour weekly commitment for a minimum of three months.
Flexible days/times available and may be found at one of our 23 locations.
Current openings include:
Hampton Branch | 5125 Convict Hill Road
- Wednesdays 1pm-3pm | 1 volunteer needed for a weekly 2 hour shift
- Saturdays 1pm-3pm | 1 volunteer needed for a weekly 2 hour shift
Old Quarry Branch | 7051 Village Center Dr, Austin, TX 78731
- Tuesdays 4pm-9pm | 1 volunteer needed for a weekly 2 hour shift
- Thursdays 4pm-9pm | 1 volunteer needed for a weekly 2 hour shift
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Library Sciences
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week for 3 months