Visiting a Senior
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where1376 Hoyt Ave SSt. Paul, MN 55108
Do you like meeting people, learning about someone's life story, and experiences? In this volunteer position you are partnered with an elder hand picked to match your interests and life experiences. Your only responsibility is to be a reliable friend to them. This is a great opportunity for someone recently retired, a college student looking to expand their resume, or someone who’d enjoy a new friend. Your elder friend welcomes you with gratitude and smiles. Some will tell you their whole life story and others are content to relax and play a game of cards.
Not only are you a friend but you offer a supportive presence that is healthy and re-assuring for the elder's family. Many family members benefit greatly and get a much needed break knowing someone is around to spend time with their loved one.
This is our greatest success as a program. It strengthens community ties and is key to keeping them from feeling alone.
We provide high quality training necessary for you to feel comfortable.
- People Skills
- Elder care
- Relationship Building
- First Aid / CPR
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer Driver
- Friendly Encouraging Visitor for...
- Volunteer Grocery Store Driver
- Creator of Digital Newsletter...
- Bread Pick Up and Drop off from...
- Organizing and Friendship
- Gardening Outdoors for a Senior
- Skilled Office Support, Writing...
- Grocery Shopping with Elder
- Visiting a Senior
- CPR and First Aid Trainer...
- Help a Senior learn to navigate...
- Hair Care or Aromatherapy for...
- Senior Friend and Caregiver...