Visitor Center Representative-The Center for Colorado Women's History at the Byers-Evans House
DONATE TO THIS
39 people are interested
Desired Schedule (minimum hour/week, day, hours, etc):
One shift (2 1/2 or 4 hours) per month is required. Two to four shifts per month encouraged. Available hours daily, Monday through Friday 10:00 to 2:00 or 2:00 to 4:30.
The Center for Colorado Women’s History at the Byers-Evans House needs volunteers to work in the gallery and visitor center welcoming visitors and completing gift shop and admission sales.
- Providing customer service to all museum and gallery visitors (informing the public about the museum tour schedule, giving directions, suggesting sightseeing opportunities and restaurants)
- Acting as an ambassador to other local museums, attractions and Denver
- Answering questions about gallery displays as well as the history of the home
- Answering inquiries about women’s history, which may include directly visitors to online resources or the Hart Library at the History Colorado Center
- Assisting customers in the gift shop
- Operating the cash register for all sales of tickets and goods.
- Recording all visitation and sales accurately and thoroughly
- Answering the phone
- Taking reservations for group tours and special events; taking credit card payments over the phone
Visitor Center representatives should be organized, personable, and comfortable multitasking. All Visitor Center representatives are required to use office equipment such as a cash register, phone and computer. This job might also entail light office work such as filing, collating, and paper cutting. Volunteers should have an interest in Colorado women’s history and the history of early Denver.
We'll work with your schedule.
1310 Bannock StreetDenver, CO 80204
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 3-4 hours shifts