Born to Read needs your help to get students on track to be successful in school and in life. Born to Read volunteers will provide weekly one-on-one reading support in a preschool classroom for the duration of the school year. This support will encourage students to develop a love and understanding of reading that will help them be successful throughout their academic experience.
With volunteer support, we hope to set each child on a path to be reading at or above grade-level by 3 rd grade. If children are not reading at grade level by 3rd grade, they are far less likely to go on to graduate from high school or be successful in college or career. We need individuals who are passionate about children and their future success. As a volunteer with Born to Read, you will build brighter futures for children through literacy!
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading Comprehension
- Child Development
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour each week for the duration of a school year
- Become a Volunteer Advocate for...
- Share your love of food and fun...
- Volunteer your time and energy...
- Brighten the life of a child....
- Dedicate a year of service....
- Inspire a life long love of...
- Volunteer with Head Start!
- Passionate Chefs Needed!
- Volunteer with playtime &...
- Volunteer with G.E.T.