Kennel Assistants Needed (Elmhurst Petco)
It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
199 South Route 83Elmhurst, IL 60126
St. Sophia's Forgotten Felines has cats and kittens living at the Petco in Elmhurst. And, we need Kennel Helpers!
What Would You Do?
Kennel Helpers are very important people.
- They check the cats in the cages.
- They scoop boxes.
- They fill food and water dishes.
- They wipe down kennel walls and doors.
- And most importantly, they Socialize the Cats!
We want our cats to be healthy, clean, and HAPPY! And we need your help to do it! How Often Are You Needed?
Kennels need to be visited at least
once a day. Volunteers sign up for one shift a week, and be expected to be committed to that shift.
Shifts are morning (prior to 10am) and evening (after 4pm) and are flexible (as in, you can come at any time before 10am, or anytime after 4 on your scheduled day).
Most people stay at least an hour, but some people like to stay longer (and play with the cats). We're flexible, but the main thing is that the cats are cared for!
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Animal Care / Handling
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 Hours a Week
- Volunteers under 18 must have a parent/guardian attend training with them & sign a liability waiver
Report this opportunity