UniversalGiving Returnships are intended for strong professionals seeking new opportunities. We understand that there are accomplished professionals who may be making a change in their career for several reasons. Perhaps you are re-entering the workforce after time off, a sabbatical or family leave. You may be hoping to make a career shift more in line with your goals and values, or perhaps you simply want to learn a new skill. UniversalGiving is eager to work together with you, forwarding the organization’s goals and yours as well.
A Corporate Returnship with UniversalGiving will give you the opportunity to work directly with the CEO to develop and implement Corporate Social Responsibility strategy atUniversalGiving™. You will have the opportunity to listen in on significant CSR calls with Fortune 500 companies, and with proven expertise, outreach to companies to develop new corporate relationships. You may also be called to engage with existing client partnerships. We are seeking an individual to lead premier research on companies working in key areas; demonstrate ability to build long-term relationships; analyze competitors through engagement with our competitive matrix, and/or find best practices and integrate them into our CSR plan.
With press in CBS, FOX Business Network, BusinessWeek, WomenEntrepreneur.com, Oprah.com, NBC News, and The Christian Science Monitor, UniversalGiving has established a strong global presence. UniversalGiving Corporate handles the strategy, operations and NGO vetting for corporations, to ensure the success of their international giving and volunteering programs.
Two core services include NGO Vetting and Launch a City. NGO Vetting vets all nonprofits with a proprietary Quality Model, safeguarding against terrorist activity. Launch a City helps companies expand their CSR programs city by city, in accord with legal, cultural and policy ramifications in each country. UGC works with companies to strengthen their global brand; increase corporate employee giving and volunteer rates; increase employee attraction/retention; increase client attraction/retention; and build a stronger, more loyal client base for our corporate partners. Sample clients include Cisco, Symantec, MTV and BEA.
UniversalGiving™ (UG) is an award winning marketplace which allows people to give and volunteer with the top-performing projects all over the world. 100% of each donation goes directly to the project. UniversalGiving™ performs due diligence on all its projects through its unique, trademarked Quality Model™.
UniversalGiving™ is committed to understanding and representing the diverse populations it serves worldwide. Members of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, races, ethnicities, nationalities, physical abilities or disabilities, religions or beliefs, and cultures are welcome as employees and volunteers in our organization. We believe that a diverse team will best serve our diverse populations.
- Gaining exposure and experience in a new industry
- Building new relationships
- Getting entry into an industry that is often difficult to access, where new positions do not open up frequently and are hard to obtain
- Working with CEO Pamela Hawley
- Upon positive execution, potential recommendation
- Develop key corporate partnerships
- Develop and execute strategies to advance UniversalGiving’s presence in the CSR arena
- Develop internal policies and procedures to ensure CSR strategies are consistent, effective, and fully integrated across business units
- Maintain and update Corporate Social Responsibility plan
- Work with team to meet both quantitative and qualitative goals and objectives
- Conduct research on best practice CSR strategies and integrate into UniversalGiving CSR Plan
- Represent UniversalGiving at events
- Work with the larger corporate team, and with managers across all business units
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of ten years of professional experience and demonstrated awareness of best practices in Corporate Social Responsibility
- Excellent writing and editing, communication, and organization skills
- Critical attention to detail
- Interest in nonprofit work, international issues, philanthropy, volunteerism and passion to support our mission to advance international giving and volunteering
- Commitment to using and updating Salesforce, our Customer Relationship Database; prior experience considered a plus
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Word,Excel and Powerpoint
- Prior experience in CSR a plus
Email your cover letter, resume, and professional writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Marketing Coordinator
- Pro-‐Bono NGO Returnship for...
- QA/Testing Internship
- Pro-‐Bono Corporate Returnship...
- Senior Frontend Developer
- Business Operations Intern
- Pro Bono Software Engineer...
- Snapchat Specialist Internship
- Corporate Social Responsibility...
- Lead Website Architecture...
- QA/Web Intern
- Help promote international...
- Frontend Developer (Pro-Bono)
- Software Engineer / Consultant
- Pro Bono Marketing Director
- Pro-Bono Marketing Returnship...
- Lead UI/UX Designer (Pro Bono)
- Salesforce Admin Intern/Volunteer
- Website Engineer (Pro-Bono)
- Pro Bono Operations Director