Kenneth Young Center provides community mental health and senior services to the northwest suburbs. Clients and their families come to us in some of their most desperate moments.
You can make a huge difference in a senior's life by helping them with simple money management tasks. Depending on your talents, you may be helping a client with balancing a checkbook; for those with vision impairment, you may be reading their monthly bills aloud. The tasks may not seem very complicated to you, but they are very important to someone trying to maintain their independence and their sense of self-worth. Your presence and enthusiasm in keeping a senior involved in managing their own affairs is a critical element in helping them remain in their own homes.
[Kenneth Young Center provides community mental health and senior services to the northwest suburbs. Clients and their families come to us in some of their most desperate moments, and we help by providing:
- Service coordination and in-home services for frail elderly persons.
- Counseling for adults, children, families.
- Assessment, stabilization, linkage for adults/children in psychiatric crisis.
- Treatment, support, and recovery services for those with serious mental illness. Volunteer opportunities.
To learn more about us, or to contact us directly, please visit our website at: www.kennethyoung.org]
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- FLEXIBLE! Week DAYS; we'll work with you!
- Must live within 8 miles of client's home