St. Vincent de Paul of Alameda County's Clothing Closet provides access to clothing to our neighbors in need. Clients are able to choose gently used adult clothing and accessories in SVdP’s Free Clothing Closet, which is set up similar to a mini thrift store. Clients get to pick out their own clothing to meet their needs and preferences. Thanks to the clothing donations received by SVdP, the Clothing Closet is able to offer appropriate clothing for any need.
Volunteers will be asked to:
- Organize and maintain Clothing Closet so clients can easily find items.
- Hang clothing on racks.
- Assist clients with checking-in, selecting items, and checking-out.
- Operate the Clothing Closet.
Time: 2-3 hour shifts are available Tuesday - Saturday between 9am and 3pm
Commitment: We are looking for volunteers who can commit to one shift per week
Volunteers will attend an orientation and receive training on or before their first day of service.
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Kitchen Prep Work - Help Us Feed...
- Volunteer in our Clothing Closet...
- Make a difference in your...
- Case Management Support
- Help Spread the Word of our...
- Help SVdP distribute clothes to...
- Dish Room Assistant - Help feed...
- Fight hunger in Oakland - serve...
- Professional Development Coach
- Help People Get Back to Work! -...
- Greet our Clients with a Smile...