The Nanubhai Education Foundation, founded in 2004, is dedicated to improving rural education in India, thereby expanding the economic opportunities available to
the students of the country’s rural public high schools. We work to inspire the students of our partner schools, especially women, to achieve excellence, enroll in higher education and participate in India’s new economy.
Our Teaching Fellows in India are currently instituting a new program with a focus on the professional development of teachers. The Grant Writer/Researcher position would support this process by seeking project specific grant opportunities. He/she would also assist with general fundraising strategies to
help the organization move forward.
- Research Grant
opportunities to support the work of the Nanubhai Education Foundation in
improving rural education in India.
- Assist in all stages
of the grant application process: research opportunities; submit letters of
inquiry; collect and submit required information; follow up with potential
- Assist with the
creation of an internal grants database.
- Provide input on
future fundraising strategies for the organization.
- Candidate for a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, or a recent graduate.
- Professional grant writing experience strongly desired.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Some experience living/working in a developing country preferred.
- Demonstrated interest (course work, previous internships, research, or volunteer experiences) in the following, or related, areas:
- A strong sense of personal responsibility, initiative and the ability to manage your own work.
- Willingness to both give and receive feedback.
- Creativity, passion and a sense of purpose.
This position is unpaid and will require a commitment of approximately 4 hours per week.
Please submit your Resume and a cover letter detailing your suitability for this position to: firstname.lastname@example.orgRead about our current fellows’ experiences at http://www.nanubhai.org/blog
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment