47 people are interested
Food Pantry Client Services Volunteers
ORGANIZATION: William Temple House
Please visit the new page to apply.
47 people are interested
Food Pantry Volunteers needed at William Temple House
William Temple House, in NW Portland, has openings for Food Pantry Client Services Volunteers (the currently available weekly shifts are: Tuesdays from either 10am-12:30 pm or 12:30pm-3pm, and Thursdays from either 10am-12:30pm or 12:30pm-3pm.
- Stock food pantry and supply center shelves with the assistance of other staff and volunteers.
- Maintain cleanliness and neatness of pantry area with the assistance of other staff and volunteers.
- Welcome clients and assist in the distribution of emergency food, hygiene items and other supplies to a diverse client population.
- Ability to communicate clearly and respectfully with fellow volunteers, staff, and occasionally challenging clients.
- Be able to lift and carry 25+lbs. Able to work on feet. This is a physical job.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail a must.
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Make a 3 month volunteer commitment.
Please visit our web site at http://www.williamtemple.org/volunteer/ to complete the volunteer interest form. All applicants must submit a completed volunteer application and complete the volunteer interview.
For more information please contact Cliff Johnson, Director of Volunteers & Outreach, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (503)715-0248.
About William Temple House
2023 NW Hoyt St., Portland, OR 97209, US
William Temple House provides food, counseling, clothing, and household items to Portland-area neighbors to strengthen our community.
For more than 50 years, William Temple House continues to be a place of healing and hope in our community by offering services that support the
whole person-body, mind, and spirit.
Our client-centered and compassionate approach comes through all that we do-from our counseling services and support groups to our food
pantry and thrift store offerings, our caring, dedicated, and dependable team of staff, volunteers, and interns is proud to serve our neighbors.
We believe that mental health care is a right that should be available to all. We consistently encourage people in accessing the care they need, and
then meet them where they are to assist their healing journey. We strive to create a comforting place that is open and inviting to people of all
backgrounds and beliefs.
2023 NW Hoyt StPortland, OR 97209
October 30, 2023
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- One or more shifts per week.