Food Pantry Volunteers
William Temple House
Food Pantry Volunteers needed at William Temple House
William Temple House, in NW Portland, has openings for Food Pantry Client Services Volunteers on Thursdays (volunteer shift is 10am to 12:30pm). *We also need volunteers to help on an 'on-call' basis - filling in for shifts as needed (24 hour notice is provided, when possible), on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday (volunteer shifts are from 10am to12:30pm, or from 12:30pm to 3pm).
- Stock food pantry and supply center shelves with the assistance of other staff and volunteers.
- Maintain cleanliness and neatness of pantry area with the assistance of other staff and volunteers.
- Welcome clients and assist in the distribution of emergency food, hygiene items and other supplies to a diverse client population.
- Ability to communicate clearly and respectfully with fellow volunteers, staff, and occasionally challenging clients.
- Be able to lift and carry 25+lbs. Able to work on feet. This is a physical job.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail a must.
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Make a 3 month volunteer commitment.
Please visit our web site at http://www.williamtemple.org/volunteer/ to complete the volunteer interest form. All applicants must submit a completed volunteer application and complete the volunteer interview.
For more information please contact Cliff Johnson, Director of Volunteers & Outreach, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (503)715-0248.
About William Temple House
2023 NW Hoyt St., Portland, OR 97209, US
William Temple House restores hope and renews strength in individuals and families in a welcoming and respectful atmosphere.
Founded 55 years ago, WTH is a beloved nonprofit organization that restores hope and renews strength in individuals and families in a welcoming and respectful atmosphere. With low and no-cost mental health counseling, a food pantry, and faith-neutral spiritual care, we lend a helping hand to Portland’s most vulnerable populations. We serve the whole person-mind, body, and spirit. A social enterprise, our thrift store, provides revenue to support our operations.