Food Pantry Assistant opening available at William Temple House
William Temple House in NW Portland seeks a Volunteer Food Pantry/Emergency Supply Center Assistant with a passion for helping others.
The food pantry is open to clients Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays from 10am to 3pm each day. Food Pantry assistants may work one or more shift every two weeks.
The Volunteer Food Pantry Coordinator(s) performs the following duties:
- Stock food pantry and supply center shelves with the assistance of other volunteers.
- Maintain cleanliness and neatness of pantry area with the assistance of other volunteers.
- Welcome clients and assist in the distribution of emergency food, hygiene items and other supplies to a diverse client population as needed.
- Ability to communicate clearly and respectfully with fellow volunteers, staff, and occasionally challenging clients.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are a must.
- Hold valid Oregon Food Handler Card or acquire within 30 days of beginning volunteer position. ($10 fee to be paid by William Temple House.)
- Pass criminal background check.
Please visit our web site at http://williamtemple.org/volunteeropps.html for a complete description for this volunteer position, and to download the volunteer application. All applicants must submit a completed volunteer application.
For more information please contact Cliff Johnson, Volunteer Manager, at email@example.com or (503)715-0248.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- One or more shifts every two weeks