Food Pantry Volunteers
20 people are interested
Food Pantry Volunteers needed at William Temple House
William Temple House in NW Portland seeks Food Pantry volunteers with a passion for helping others.
WTH has openings for food pantry volunteers on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9am to 3pm, and Thursdays from 11am-2pm (2+ hour shifts preferred).
The Volunteer Food Pantry Coordinator(s) performs the following duties:
- Stock food pantry and supply center shelves with the assistance of other volunteers.
- Maintain cleanliness and neatness of pantry area with the assistance of other volunteers.
- Welcome clients and assist in the distribution of emergency food, hygiene items and other supplies to a diverse client population as needed.
- Ability to communicate clearly and respectfully with fellow volunteers, staff, and occasionally challenging clients.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are a must.
- Hold valid Oregon Food Handler Card or acquire within 30 days of beginning volunteer position. ($10 fee to be paid by William Temple House.)
- Pass a criminal background check.
Please visit our web site at http://www.williamtemple.org/volunteer/ for a complete description for this volunteer position, and to complete the volunteer interest form. All applicants must submit a completed volunteer application and complete the volunteer interview.
For more information please contact Cliff Johnson, Volunteer Manager, at email@example.com or (503)715-0248.
We'll work with your schedule.
2023 NW Hoyt StPortland, OR 97209
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- One or more shifts every two weeks