102 people are interested
102 people are interested
Art from Ashes plans and hosts various FUNdraising events throughout the year, including the annual Running of the Gays 3-block marathon in heels to support creative empowerment programs for LGBTQ+ youth, sporting event ticket sales, garage sales, the Mad Hatter Tea Party, First Friday performances, home parties, the annual holiday party and more. We are in need of someone with professional event planning experience to help manage our robust and passionate volunteer events committee.
Art from Ashes is seeking an exceptional, detail-oriented, and committed intern or volunteer interested in nonprofit donor development. The ideal candidate would be an upper-level undergraduate or graduate-level college student interested in hands-on experience in nonprofit development. This position is unpaid; however, class credit may be available depending on the policies of the successful candidate’s University.
- The successful candidate will assist the staff and board in donor development, specifically planning and follow up for events involving donors and potential donors, including but not limited to the following:
- Use updated contacts lists to market upcoming events in person, through press and online
- Create and maintain detailed spreadsheets of events, including facilities, contacts, marketing, and the effect of each on overall outcome
- Archive all current and former events information
- Coordinate volunteer efforts for each event, including designating duties and following up on accountability for each volunteer
- Work with volunteers to get interest and participants for specific events, including direct contact via phone, email and in person
- Aid in events training for volunteers
- A successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Experience and/or knowledge of a nonprofit environment
- Upper-level college student or graduate level education
- Exceptional, professional and details-oriented organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge of social media tools and computer literacy, including a strong understanding of Excel
- Professional email etiquette and work habits
- Passion for the mission of Art from Ashes
- Flexible schedule, working no less than 10 hours a week in Art from Ashes offices
About Art from Ashes
1310 West 10th Ave, Denver, CO 80204, US
The Mission of Art from Ashes is to empower struggling youth by providing creative programs that facilitate health and hope through expression,connection and transformation.
Since its inception in 2003, Art from Ashes (AfA) has provided creative empowerment workshops to high-risk youth, facilitating expression, connection and transformation among the most neglected and vulnerable segments of our community. AfA’s creative programs use the combination of creativity and neurology to provide workshops that not only offer young people access to the arts and to their creative power, but in doing so also address risk factors among struggling young people. Our foundational program, Phoenix Rising, uses poetry and spoken word to empower young people through the language of metaphor. Other programs include Drawing on Air, Casting Shadows and Wingspan. To date, AfA has provided creative workshops with more than 150 partnering organizations for more than 11,000 young people who have survived traumatic events, are victims of abuse, neglect and/or poverty, and are at risk for or engaged in destructive behaviors.
1310 W 10th AveDenver, CO 80204
November 15, 2021
- Event Management
- Event Design & Planning
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 5-10 hours a week, as needed
- Volunteers must attend an orientation, as well as the monthly volunteer meeting on the first Thursday of the month from 6-7:30.