19 people are interested
AmeriCorps with Emerald Youth is a part-time, paid service opportunity
19 people are interested
AmeriCorps is an opportunity to make a big difference in your life and in the lives of those around you. It’s a chance to apply your skills and ideals toward helping others and meeting critical needs in the community. It is not employment, but national service.
**Note: You must be a certified U.S. citizen, a national, or legal permanent resident to apply.
The majority of Emerald Youth’s AmeriCorps members serve part-time during the school year or full-time in the summer with elementary, middle and/or high school age urban young people in either a structured afterschool/summer day camp program.
There are 3 kinds of AmeriCorps positions still available with Emerald Youth this upcoming 2020/2021 school year:
- Elementary School Role - Implement enriching, structured elementary school level afterschool activities. 20 hrs/week. M-F. Afternoons (ideally, 2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.).
- Middle School Role - Implement enriching, structured middle school level afterschool activities. 13 hrs/week. M-F (though some locations only require a few afternoons). Afternoons (ideally, 3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.).
- Elementary and Middle School Learning Role - Facilitate planned elementary and middle school activities as well as other afterschool program activities. Perfect for aspiring teachers. 20 hrs/week. M-F. Afternoons (ideally, 2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.).
Details applicable to all positions:
- All positions listed are currently set to start August 11, 2020 (and the majority will end on May 6, 2021). These positions require you to fulfill the entire term. Only apply if you can make this commitment.
- As mentioned above, all members receive a living allowance while they serve (like pay). Portions of this total living allowance are distributed as a direct deposit into members’ personal banking account twice a month during their term of service for them to use as they need. **Living allowance amounts will be added to this application soon.
- Members also receive money for school or student loans (called an ed award as mentioned above) when they successfully complete their term of service and total service hours. **Education award amounts will be added to this application soon.
- There will be some additional AmeriCorps functions held during your term of service, but outside of your weekly AmeriCorps schedule. All AmeriCorps members should plan to participate, especially in the mandatory events. See below.
For full details and to apply, visit us online at https://emeraldyouth.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=112
About Emerald Youth Foundation
1014 Heiskell Ave, Knoxville, TN 37921, US
We desire to raise up a large number of urban youth to love Jesus Christ and become effective leaders who help renew their communities
Emerald Youth Foundation is a Christian, urban youth and community ministry in Knoxville, TN serving over 2,000 young people annually. Emerald Youth’s ministry is implemented through a network of more than 18 churches and faith-based organizations to raise up a large number of urban youth who love Jesus Christ and become effective leaders who help renew their communities.
1014 Heiskell Ave NWKnoxvilleKnoxville, TN 37921
September 9, 2021
- Child Development
- Administrative Support
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 20 hours a week
- U.S. Citizen