LUNCH VOLUNTEERS NEEDED IMMEDIATELY!
For the women at On The Rise, a healthy and hearty meal enjoyed in a safe home is invaluable. We rely on the kind hearts and culinary talents of volunteers to cook a meal in their kitchen and deliver to ours. This volunteer opportunity is available 6 days per week and fills one of our greatest needs by being able to offer a healthy and hearty meal to a woman who otherwise would not have many options.
As the women are as diverse as their palates, you choose what you would like to make; it is sure to be appreciated and enjoyed! To respect the privacy of our women, volunteers do not serve lunch at On The Rise. We set up family-style in our comfy kitchen and women help themselves.
To start, simply sign up using meal train to view open dates.
We recently asked our women what food they miss while being homeless. Here’s a few ideas:
- "Healthy options, like salads with meats and veggies."
- "I miss the parties my father held during sports games - tailgating foods."
- "Vegetarian meals, I didn’t eat meat growing up."
- "I miss the BBQ’s we had in our yard, I like BBQ all year round!"
- "International flavors, like, Chinese, Indian and Mexican."
- "I like creating a wrap or sandwich that I can fill with meats, veggies and sauces of my choice."
- Entre should serve 20-25 women, sides and dessert are optional
- Fresh and nutritious fruit is encouraged with lunch donations
- Label ingredients so women can make a healthy choice
- Prepare items in disposable containers or label dishes with your name; we will clean and have ready for pick-up
- Refrain from cooking with alcohol
- Provide instructions if we need to reheat; kindly do not deliver raw or uncooked items
- Drop-off between 8am - 11am to 341 Broadway; our door is bright red. If you need to deliver the day prior, please call to make an appointment. In a hurry? Call ahead and we’ll meet you curbside to accept your donation!
Any questions? Call 617-497-7968
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment