Lunch Cook - Prepare a meal and deliver to On The Rise!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
104 people are interested
LUNCH VOLUNTEERS NEEDED IMMEDIATELY!
For the women at On The Rise, a healthy and hearty meal enjoyed in a safe home is invaluable. We rely on the kind hearts and culinary talents of volunteers to cook a meal in their kitchen and deliver to ours. This volunteer opportunity is available 6 days per week and fills one of our greatest needs by being able to offer a healthy and hearty meal to a woman who otherwise would not have many options.
As the women are as diverse as their palates, you choose what you would like to make; it is sure to be appreciated and enjoyed! To respect the privacy of our women, volunteers do not serve lunch at On The Rise. We set up family-style in our comfy kitchen and women help themselves.
To start, simply sign up using Meal Train (https://www.mealtrain.com/trains/92nmv) to view open dates.
We recently asked our women what food they miss while being homeless. Here’s a few ideas:
- "Healthy options, like salads with meats and veggies."
- "I miss the parties my father held during sports games - tailgating foods."
- "Vegetarian meals, I didn’t eat meat growing up."
- "I miss the BBQ’s we had in our yard, I like BBQ all year round!"
- "International flavors, like, Chinese, Indian and Mexican."
- "I like creating a wrap or sandwich that I can fill with meats, veggies and sauces of my choice."
- Entree should serve 15-20 women, sides and dessert are optional
- Fresh and nutritious fruit is encouraged with lunch donations
- Label ingredients so women can make a healthy choice
- Prepare items in disposable containers or label dishes with your name; we will clean and have ready for pick-up
- Refrain from cooking with alcohol
- Provide instructions if we need to reheat; kindly do not deliver raw or uncooked items
- Drop-off between 8am - 11am to 341 Broadway; our door is bright red. If you need to deliver the day prior, please call to make an appointment. In a hurry? Call ahead and we’ll meet you curbside to accept your donation!
Any questions? Keyton.Sheely@ontherise.org or 617-497-7968 x36
We'll work with your schedule.
Deliver Food To:341 BroadwayCambridge, MA 02139
- People 55+