2 people are interested
Service not Self
2 people are interested
The Minneapolis Women's Rotary has Fall and Spring events to raise funds for the charities we suppport.
Our members come from a variety of professions. As a member, your obligations are to:
- Attend monthly meetings
- Participate in service activities of the organization
- Serve on a committee during the membership year
Anyone interested in joining is encouraged to attend one of our monthly membership meetings. Meetings are held at the Women's Club of Minneapolis at 410 Oak Grove Street, Minneapolis MN 55403. Typically on the second Wednesday of each month. Social hour from 5:00-6:00pm, followed by dinner, monthly speaker program, and membership meeting.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Minneapolis Women's Rotary
7300 Metro Blvd, Suite #630, C/O Thiel, Anderson, Kukla & Gunderson P.L.L.P., Minneapolis, MN 55439, US
We are a service organization. Members vote every two years on the charity or charities that we support. Currently we support an ongoing memorial education fund and endowment fund, focused on scholoarships for non-traditional female students with the intent to help women continue their undergraduate education. We also support the Jeremiah Program, which assists single mothers and their children to break the cycle of poverty by providing a campus community where they can prosper.
Today's Minneapolis Women's Rotary organization embraces our rich century-long traditions and encourages the networking and friendship that come from the time that we spend together.
- Founded in 1911, incorporated in 1912
- Carrying forward the moto "Service not self"
- Supporting women's education through scholarship
- Only Women's Rotary in the world
- 501(c)3 charitable organization
- Meetings once per month from September through May (typically the 2nd Wednesday of each month)
Our scholarship focuses on "women interrupted," non-traditional female students who will use the college degree as a means to change or improve their lives.
Women who are awarded The Minneapolis Women’s Rotary Memorial Education Fund scholarship will also receive:
- Emotional Support and encouragement from the Women’s Rotary members
- Guest membership in the Corporation during the period of their scholarship, providing a connections and networking opportunities with a group of professional women
Minneapolis Women's Club410 Oak Grove StreetMinneapolis, MN 55403
November 2, 2021