Greeter/Child Care Helper- Grief Center for Children
65 people are interested
Grief Center Greeter
If you enjoy hospitality and have a genuine welcoming spirit, this volunteer opportunity is for you. Greeter duties include:
- Stationed at front desk to welcome families and get them signed in for program
- Receive families and get them signed-in, name tags and make them feel comfortable before group starts.
- Monitor all people coming and going for front door is locked from outside (late arrivals)
- Assist with preparation of snacks and coffee for arrival of grief families and facilitators.
- Assist familes with directions to restroom and otherr directional questions
- Room check for order,
- Prepare after-group refreshments and place on front porch (snacks, juice)
- Clean up of snack areas
- Hours are 5pm - 8pm Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays Thursdays and and additional esrly session 3pm - 5 pm Wednesdays
About New Hope for Kids
544 Mayo Avenue, Maitland, FL 32751, US
New Hope for Kids provides specialized support to children and families grieving the loss of a loved one and grants wishes to children with life-challenging illnesses in Central Florida
New Hope for Kids has two principal programs. The Center for Grieving Children and the Children's Wish Program. The Grief Center provides grief support sessions to children and their parents. Most of these children come to us after they begin to suffer behavioral problems after the death of a parent or sibling. Children meet in groups according to age, with trained grief facilitators and counselors. Their caregivers meet separately with a counselor to learn how children grieve, how to help them and how to deal with their own grief. Many of the deaths were very traumatic: cancer, accidents, murders and suicides. Sharing their concerns with others going through the same thing helps these children, and their caregivers, learn to pick up the pieces and go on with their life in a healthy way. The Wish program grants wishes to children who are severely ill. Most of these children live sterile, restricted lives due to their illness. Isolation and educational stagnation frequently results. Physical disabilities limit the child's mobility and access to normal learning and social opportunities. Many children request computers and computer training.
We'll work with your schedule.
544 Mayo AvenueMaitland, FL 32751
- Office Reception
- Customer Service
- Child Care
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- 3 Hours