Volunteer Grief Facilitators- working with children
It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
544 Mayo AvenueMaitland, FL 32751
Love working with children? Then join us for this rewarding volunteer position. We have moved into our new center for grieving children so many more loving hands are needed.
Volunteer Grief Facilitator
Our next two-day training is scheduled for August 18 +19, 2018. (pre-interview is required prior to training)
- A one year commitment of service is required for one day or evening a week every other week: M, T, Th 5-8pm or W 3-5pm
- Pre-Interview Required
- At least 16 years of age and have parental consent if under 18 years of age
- $35 training fee (please advise if hardship)
- Must submit to and pass a background screening (social security number is required for this process)
- Must attend a 16 hour weekend training (attendance on Saturday and Sunday is required) followed by experiential training during actual grief groups
- Must adhere to policies and procedures of group facilitation with Reflection being the core method of support
- Sign a confidentiality and volunteer job agreement
- Complete a Post Interview with Group Coordinator.
- Male and bilingual volunteers are always encouraged to apply.
(pre-interview is required prior to training and lasts approx. 1 hour)
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 5 Hrs/mo (2.5 hrs every other week after training)
Report this opportunity