In order for Good Shepherd Hospice to provide the very best care for our patients and their families, we require continuing education for our hospice volunteers and staff.
Do you have personal experience with hospice? Do you have a background in the medical world? Are you interested in learning about hospice and all of its facets from family dynamics & communication to spiritual concerns, pain control and grief & loss? Do you like sharing knowledge with others? Then please consider volunteering for hospice as an In-Service Progarm Volunteer.
The role of the Hospice In-Service Program Volunteer is to work closely with the Volunteer Coordinator to put together and provide information for learning, to send out mailers to fellow volunteers on a monthly basis and to track volunteer participation.
The job can be done both at home and at either of the hospice offices during workday hours. You decide what works best for you.
Kansas City, Missouri, 7611 State Line Rd.,
Lenexa, Kansas, 11253 Strang Line Rd.
Check out our website at www.goodshepherdhospice.com or call Debby at
We will provide all the training and support you need to become skilled in the role of In-Service Program Volunteer. If you have always been interested in hospice and are interested in learning more and sharing your learning with others, we would love to have you become part of the Good Shepherd Hospice Team. The more informed all of us are, the more able we are to provide the best care ever for our patients and their families. You would play a key role in helping us to achieve that goal.
- Teaching / Instruction
- General Education
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- minimum 4 hours per month
- TB test;
- Memory Bears - Gifts of Love
- Hospice volunteering isn't for...
- Our Lenexa Hospice Office needs...
- Make appreciation baskets for...
- Special Relationships
- Hospice Volunteers Needed
- Teach others in the field of...
- Art Volunteers Needed
- Licensed Massage Therapist for...
- Hospice Volunteers are...
- Volunteer Coordinator Assistant!
- Human Kindness has Healing Power
- One stitch at a time
- Help Us in the Hospice Office!
- Grief Packets for Loved Ones
- Hospice "Tuck-in" Volunteer
- Laughter & Love = Great Hospice...
- Tuck-in our hospice patients...
- Hospice Office Administrative...
- Hospice volunteers are...