Pet Partners - Hospice Volunteers
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereGreater Danbury RegionDanbury, CT 06810
Regional Hospice and Home Care is looking for Pet Partners - those who have trained/certified & insured animals able to visit with our patients living with advanced illness. There is power in the human/animal connection, and your visits can provide warmth and comfort to patients at end of life.
Volunteers must complete a mandatory 24 hour training, and then volunteer times are flexible to meet your schedule. Volunteers visit patients in private homes, nursing homes, group homes, assisted living facilities all over Western CT, and in our new in-patient hospice facility, the Center for Comfort Care & Healing. Volunteers may choose areas that they would like to visit.
- Animal Therapy
- Hospice Care
- Patient Care
- Veteran Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- mandatory training, then flexible
- Pets must be certified/trained and insured
- Massage Therapy Volunteers
- Pet Partners - Hospice Volunteers
- Food Service Volunteers
- Administrative Volunteers
- Fundraising ("Giving Circle")...
- Volunteers to support hospice...
- Hospice Family Support Volunteer
- Reiki / Therapeutic Touch
- Community Bereavement Volunteer
- Regional Hospice Volunteer...
- NEW HAVEN AREA - Hospice Family...
- Bereavement Facilitator -...
- Lobby Greeters