If you love kitties, come help our rescued senior kitties just once a week! We need weekend, morning, afternoon and evening volunteers. Just one hour a week helps our senior cats get the love, attention, and care that they need while they wait for loving homes at our cat adoption center. You'll be rewarded with unconditional love and purrs, and having a hand in saving senior cats from shelters where they would have been euthanized because of their age. They put a smile on your face no matter what kind of day you had before you arrived to help care for them!
Young at Heart is seeking reliable and big-hearted cat lovers to volunteer at our Lake Zurich Petco in-store adoption center. The center holds 6 senior cats, and volunteers are needed to:
- Keep the center tidy and comfortable for the kitties and visitors by sweeping, cleaning windows, scooping litterboxes, and changing linens for the kitties.
- Fill Food & Water Bowls.
- Check over kitties and alert staff to any needs.
- Talk to potential adopters about kitties while they visit them at the center.
- And brush, love on and play with the kitties while they wait for loving homes!
Our senior kitties absolutely cherish our volunteers, as do we!
If you love animals and want to do something to make a difference, now's your chance. Just one hour per week brings love and joy to an older kitty waiting for their forever home! Contact us today to sign up for the next volunteer orientation!
(We also have a cat center in Lincolnshire, IL with the same opportunities! Contact us for either center!)
- Animal Care / Handling
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour per week
- Enjoy the company of senior kitties!