5 week Community Volunteering Projects in Northern Thailand
The project combines rewarding volunteer work in a rural northern Thailand community with the chance to experience some fun adventure activities - perfect for a summer holiday or a starting point for further travels on your year out.
Your 5 week volunteering project will start from Chiang Rai Airport, where you will be met by one of our representatives. Your project will be take place in the beautiful Maekok River Valley right next to the Myanmar (Burma) border, which you can see from the base at Ban Thaton. In the hills that fringe the valley are rural villages that have a mix of Thai people and those from the ethnic hill tribes - Lisu, Lahu, Shan, Akha, Mien, Palong and the Chinese origin Chin Haw. Many of the children of these tribes are not Thai citizens and the schools get no funding for them. The schools, though sometimes lacking funds, are the centre of village life.
As well as teaching for over four weeks, you could will also be part of the community and involved in:
* Helping the locals in their daily chores
* Helping village children at home and at school.
* Coaching or organising village sports.
Bryan and Rosie Massingham run the Maekok River Village Project and will support you whilst you are in the villages, sorting any problems and providing back up, should you need medical support.
Looking after you on the spot will be their Thai linkman and, of course, the school staff, as well as quite a lot of the village and the children - who deeply appreciate what you are doing for them.
Our volunteer projects are a great way to improve your skills and enhance your CV - stand out from the crowd at job interviews! It is a competitive market out there - help others to help yourself!
Departures throughout the summer.
Prices from GB£1645, includes:
* Pre-departure information, support and advice
* Advice on flight arrangements
* In-country representative
* 24/7 in-country backup
* Meet and greet at airport (if arriving at recommended time)
* Airport transfer (if arriving at recommended time)
* In-country induction course
* Transfer from induction course to project
* Accommodation during volunteer programme
* Food allowance during volunteer programme
* All transport during volunteer programme, except internal flights
* Accompanied by a guide during volunteer programme
* Management of emergencies, including lost passport, illness, etc. whilst in-country
UPON RETURNING HOME:
* Returning home advice
* Full telephone debriefing
We'll work with your schedule.
Villages around Tha TonTha TonTha TonTha Ton, Tha TonThailand
- Must be at least 18
- Ability to speak English well enough to teach it.