PA eMentoring (sign up at www.pa-ementor.org) is looking for working and retired adults and mature college student to be online career mentors for high school students.
Q. What exactly is PA eMentoring?
A. PA eMentoring is easy, safe and fun -- and it takes just 15 minutes a week from your computer.
PA eMentoring is...
- online mentoring
- An internet-based curriculum and communication process
- Safe and secure
- Easy and convenient
- Fun for the mentee
- Adults sharing their school and career experiences with students
- Helping high school kids create college and career plans
Q. Why is being an eMentor important?
A. Research clearly shows:
- Kids with a career plan are more likely to graduate from high school, enroll in college, graduate from college and ultimately land a well-paying career that they enjoy. 
- Kids learn best when they have a context for their learning. 
- Kids benefit from positive career mentoring experiences. 
PA eMentoring is an easy, safe, and fun way for kids to create a college and career plan with the support of an online mentor working in a field of interest. Program completers have increased self esteem, are more aware of college and career options available to them, and are more likely to consider non -traditional college options.
 Researcher Dr. Kenneth Grey, Core premise in his books: "Other Ways to Win," "How you Really Get Hired"
 Stella Vosniado, "How Children Learn," International Academy of Education, International Bureau of Education, 2011
 Above research as well as Bettina A. Lankard, "Role of Mentoring in Career Education," Trends and Issues Alert, 1996
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- 15 minutes a week from your computer or tablet
- All you need to participate is provided online!