ArtQuest Volunteer Description
Oceanside Museum of Art (OMA) is currently recruiting volunteers for our ArtQuest school tours for fifth graders (offered February-May 2018). ArtQuest is a grant-funded program that enables every fifth grader in Oceanside Unified Schoo Districtl to visit the museum, engage in an interactive guided tour and participate in an exhibition related art activity. OMA will provide you the necessary training and resources to make your experience successful and rewarding. Art educators, college students pursuing careers in education and/or museums studies are encouraged to apply.
Training Commitment: 3-hour training session offered on Tuesday, February 20th. Alternate day will be provided if necessary.
Tour Commitment: After successful completion of training, ArtQuest docents are expected to dedicate a minimum of 1 day a week (two is preferred) 8:00-12:30 on Tuesday/Thursdays and 8:00-11:00 on Wednesdays.
Futher details regarding the program are listed below:
ArtQuest is offered Tuesday-Thursday each week starting the week of February 27th and in ending May.
Tours on Tuesday and Thursday require working with 2 fifth grade classes.
One Tour offered on Wednesdays.
- Provide inquiry-based tours related to the museum’s current exhibition.
- Teach exhibition related art lesson. Assist with set-up, clean-up and demonstration of materials.
- Help with overall clean-up, Collect admission fees.
- Attend monthly volunteer meetings and enrichment programs (or contact the Education Director to receive materials if unable to attend)
- Find their own substitutes in the event of a scheduling change
If you are passionate about kids, art, and education, this opportunity is for you!
- Teaching / Instruction
- General Education
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 - 12 hours per week