Volunteer Meal Assistant
108 people are interested
AFSC is one of the few adult day health care centers in Orange County that prepares and serves meals straight from the center’s onsite commercial kitchen. The Volunteer Meal Assistant works closely with AFSC’s Meal Coordinator to ensure quality, nutritious meals are served on a daily basis to participants attending day services. Individuals taking on this role will have the experience of learning the special accommodations needed to meet the nutritional needs of older adults with dementia (i.e., consistency, textures and types of food) while ensuring compliance with Title 22 regulations and the California Department of Education’s Adult Day Care Food Program. Learn meal planning, budgeting and purchasing skills. Interact with participants in the program while preparing and serving breakfast, lunch and a snack to an average of 100 individuals per day. This is a hands-on volunteer experience that offers an inside look at operating a food program in an adult day health care facility.
1. Assists with the planning and preparation of breakfast, lunch, and snack menus which meet ADCFP nutritional guidelines.
2. Assists with the purchasing of sufficient food for planned menus, cleaning supplies, and other kitchen-related goods.
3. Completes ADCFP food production records and other paperwork, as necessary.
4. Assists in food service for special events.
5. Participates actively in the "loop of information sharing" among all staff, ensuring that communication is positive and constructive.
6. In collaboration with the Meal Coordinator, monitors kitchen practices to meet the standards of ADHC and ADCFP regulations and the county Health Department.
7. Participates in staff meetings and in-service trainings.
We'll work with your schedule.
9451 Indianapolis Ave.Huntington Beach, CA 92646
- Food Service
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training