New Volunteer Guide Orientation - September 9, 2017
Get outside and inspire elementary students as a Volunteer Guide in the Hidden Villa Environmental Education Program (HVEEP). Lead groups of children on tours of our organic farm and wilderness.
- Join a friendly community of volunteers!
- Enjoy hands-on interaction with farm animals and in our organic education garden
- Lead groups of school children on hikes through the wilderness
- Inspire stewardship and awe for the natural world
If you enjoy working with children and being outdoors, this is a great opportunity for you!
The Details: Farm and Wilderness Exploration is a full day experience for 2nd through 6th grade classes. Students participate in helpful garden projects, taste goodies in the garden, meet farm animals, and go for a short hike in the wilderness to explore the natural world. These tours range from 3 - 5 hours, and group size is limited to 7-8 kids per guide. The time commitment for these guides is 8:15 AM - 2:30 PM, once per week (Tuesday - Friday).
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One day per week for a few hours
- Mid-September through May