Share your compassionate heart! Visit hospice patients.
New Century Hospice
Our volunteers provide compassionate social visits for hospice patients. Our patients benefit from a caring individual visiting with them, reading, playing cards, sharing musical talents, art and other interests that will improve quality of life. We have recently added Aroma Touch with essential oils to the list of support we offer. We will provide training and orientation, and make initial visits with you. This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in the hospice field and can be a wonderful addition to any resume. We visit patients in their homes or facilities in Douglas County and surrounding communities. We have an office in Castle Rock, Glendale, Colorado Springs and have recently opened a new location in Pueblo. Please contact us with questions or if you are interested in learning more.
About New Century Hospice
412 Jerry St., Castle Rock, CO 80104, US
Embracing Excellence In All We Do Providing end of life care that encompasses the physical, social, psychological and spiritual needs of our patients and families. We resolve to be the hospice provider of choice for our patients, families, employees, investors and for our community.
Hospice is a concept of care designed to provide comfort and support to patients and their families when a life-limiting illness no longer responds to curative treatments. It's goal is to provide quality time through the last days of a patients life, while offering comfort and dignity.
A few key points related to hospice:
- Hospice care neither prolongs life nor hastens death
- Hospice affirms life and regards dying as a normal process
- Hospice provides an interdisciplinary team approach
- Hospice focuses on quality of life
- Hospice promotes honest communication
- Hospice deals with the physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of care
- Hospice is very family oriented.. It is in fact, the only health care provider that can be cited for not taking care of the family as well as the patient.
- Hospice offers a variety of bereavement and counseling services both prior to, and after the patients death.
- Hospice provides all aspects of palliative care