Be an After-School Tutor Volunteer and impact the lives of children living in affordable housing!
103 people are interested
As an After-School Tutor Volunteer you will provide mentoring, support the development of positive homework habits, as well as coordinate literacy and enrichment activities for children at an Up-Grade Academic Enrichment Program in Santa Monica.
- Providing homework and 1-to-1 tutoring support
- Organizing recreational, computer, and arts & crafts activities
- Monitoring student behavior
- Mentoring and being a positive role model
- Setting up & cleaning up of facility
Our Vision at the Up-Grade Academic and Enrichment Program is to cultivate an environment where youth grow, develop, and explore their full potential without inhibition. We provide academic support, exposure through new experiences, and guidance to create access and opportunities for youth.
- Increase self advocacy and empowerment
- Increase academic proficiency and knowledge
- Encourage the pursuit of higher education
- Develop good work and study habits
- Provide a safe place to explore, learn and grow
- Increase awareness, involvement and connection between parents/guardians and their child's school and academic life
Be a part of a team that makes a difference in the lives of children all while gaining experience and having fun!
We'll work with your schedule.
1349 26th StreetSanta Monica, CA 90404
- Must be at least 16