Bilingual volunteers with Hmong/English, Somali/English or Spanish/English speaking skills are need to help us assist our neighbors and create a healthier community! We are looking for volunteers to provide blood pressure screenings and referrals in our lobby and at some community events. Volunteers who are at least 18 years of age and have a background as a CNA, MA, LPN, RN, PA or MD or are a student in these areas are preferred. Training will be provided.
Our current openings are Mondays 12pm-3pm, Tuesdays 12-3pm, and Wednesdays 12-3pm. We ask that volunteers commit to a regularly-scheduled weekly shift for a minimum of 3 months.
In the summer/fall we also have Produce Distribution/Outdoor Markets about every other Friday 8am-12pm. One more volunteer is needed to provide blood pressure screening on 9/21. Bilingual skills are great to have (Hmong, Somali and Spanish languages), but not required for this event.
- Patient Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- once a week for 3 hours
- Bilingual Hmong/English, Somali/English or Spanish/English required
- Hmong Women's Cancer Screening...
- Receptionist Volunteer
- Community Health Worker (CHW)...
- Fare For All Assistants for Food...
- School Health Screening...
- Mobile Food Shelf Drivers (21+)
- Volunteer Coordination -...
- Food Shelf Data Entry & Customer...
- Health Screening for Hmong,...
- Computer Lab Coach
- Hospitality Greeter
- Community Health Volunteer...
- Children's Book Shelf Reader
- Food Shelf Volunteer
- Gardening Volunteer
- Spanish-speaking Women's Cancer...