Create Your Dreams (CYD) is a youth development program devoted to nurturing the talents and dreams of under-served students through a long term enrichment program.
CYD seeks tutors for students grades 3-12, to provide one-on-one academic support for students who need extra help reaching their potential in school.
- Attend tutoring sessions as scheduled. If an absence is anticipated, please inform tutorial coordinator.
- Assist student through the learning process as defined by the program guidelines.
- Assist student with filling out weekly goals at the start of tutorial.
- Help the student develop confidence and a positive attitude toward learning by affirming their thinking and progress in the lesson.
- Keep staff informed about tutoring experience, job assignments, or any concerns you may have regarding the program.
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Sensitive and adaptable to learner's differences and needs
- Commitment to bettering lives through education
- Patience and enthusiasm
To apply, please sign up through our sign up genius at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0a4faba62da5f49-tutor
or email Kim Dennis at email@example.com for additional details.
To learn more about our programs you can visit our website at www.createyourdreams.org.
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Two hours once a week.
- Volunteers over 18 are required to submit a background check through Verified Volunteers.