Position Summary: Spanish Interpreters are always in high demand at the Clinic. Volunteering as an interpreter will give you the opportunity to assist our patients as they go through their visit at the Clinic and increase your medical knowledge. You will be in the exam room with the patient and the health provider, directly translating the interaction. Complex medical terminology is not required.
Shifts: Weekdays only, no weekends
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English
- Shadow medical professionals
- Experience direct patient interaction
- Learn by interacting with health professionals and patients
- Provide interpretation services for Spanish-speaking patients
Requirements & Qualifications:
- You do not need any clinical background or certification for this position.
- Volunteers must be over the age of 18 and have good conversational skills in both Spanish and English.
- Increase medical knowledge, complex medical terminology is not required
Contact: VISTA Volunteer Coordinator- Chris Diaz (401) 274-6347 ext. 203 OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Length of Service Requirement: minimum of 6 months, 3 times a month
TO APPLY: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?AP=1021790655
- Patient Care
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- minimum of 6 months, 3 times a month