Neighborhood House exists to help diverse communities of people with limited resources attain their goals for self-sufficiency, financial independence, health and community building. The Citizenship/ESL Program targets adult English learners and offers clients assistance with the process of naturalization. Services include group citizenship and ESL instruction, and individual tutoring in preparation for the citizenship test.
Volunteers with this program work directly with clients, tutoring them in all subjects presented on the citizenship exam. This is a great opportunity for people who want to make a great impact in someone's life.
Classes are Tuesday and Thursday 12 - 2 pm and 2 - 4:30 pm.
- Adult Education
- General Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 3 month commitment is strongly preferred
- Citizenship/ESL Tutor- Seattle
- Youth Tutoring Programs-...
- Employment, Education Outreach...
- Front Desk Help Needed!...
- ESL Tutor (Renton)
- Employment, Education Outreach &...
- ESL Instructor (West Seattle)
- Opportunity to tutor an adult...
- Short Term Human Resources...
- Human Resources Assistant
- Citizenship/ESL Tutor - Kent