VOLUNTEER FROM HOME! Prepare a Caring Cuisine for Families Visiting Their Loved Ones in the Hospital. Summa's Acute Palliative Care Unit (APCU) is located on the third floor at Akron City Hospital and serves patients with advanced illness, life-threatening diseases and those who are under hsopice care. In all these situations, families are very involved, sometimes sitting vigil with their loved one for days. Let these families know YOU CARE by providing a Caring Cuisine Caring Cuisines can be prepared and brought to the hospital by individuals or groups (Children under the age of 14 must have adult supervision in the preparation) You can provide a Caring Cuisine one time only; once a year; once a quarter; once a month or once a week. You choose! Simple items are best such as: baked goods -- cookies, brownies, muffins, pastries, etc.; fresh fruit and vegetables, peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, prepackaged items such as trail mix, granola bars, fruit cups, snack packages.
- Cooking / Catering
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- weekly, monthly, or holidays
- Bedside Vigil Volunteers
- KeepSake Pillow Volunteer
- Barberton In-Patient & Family...
- Office Volunteer-Office Assistant
- Caring Cuisine
- Wish Patients a Happy Birthday...
- Caring Cards Volunteer
- Provide Support to Hospice...
- Companion Volunteer
- Bereavement Volunteer
- Music Ministry
- Companion Volunteer -Akron,...
- We make a living by what we get;...
- Compose Patient's Life Stories,...
- In-Patient & Family Services...
- Office Support Volunteer
- Provide patients & families...
- Become a Spiritual Companion to...
- Recognize & Honor a Veteran