Spanish Speaking Mentors Needed
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where12111 NE 1st Street12111 NE 1st StreetBellevue, WA 98005
Impact a student's life in just one hour per week! VIBES (Volunteers in Bellevue's Education System) offers you a unique way to support Latino students. VIBES mentors meet with their students each week during the school day. Mentors develop a friendship with their students, providing a positive role model of Latino men and women who have achieved success despite adversity. They serve as an additional supportive adult, encouraging student success and helping students to make more positive choices. Mentors talk with their students, listening carefully to their dreams, their concerns and their accomplishments as well as providing academic support where needed.
Mentors work in the school setting in partnership with school staff. Many VIBES mentors say their volunteer time is the best hour of their week. Make a difference in the life of a Bellevue Latino student and in your own life by becoming a VIBES mentor!
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Mentor a Bellevue Student
- Second Grade Literacy Tutor
- STEM Volunteers/Advisors Needed
- Help Students Chart a Path to...
- Volunteer with Middle School...
- School-Based Volunteer
- STEM K-5 Robotics
- VIBES (Volunteers In Bellevue's...
- Classroom Volunteer
- Volunteer Mentors and Tutors
- Tutor a Bellevue Student
- Volunteers in Elementary Schools
- Graduation Success Tutors
- Volunteer with High School...
- Spanish Speaking Mentors Needed