Our ideal volunteer will be interested in nursing, be able to provide customer service with a smile, be self-motivated, be energetic, be dependable, reliable, punctual and detail oriented.
** Candidates must be current nursing students or have nursing degree**
Service duties include:
- Round on waiting areas and ensure they are cleaned and stocked for members.
- Orient the patients to their room upon admissions
- Round (check-in) on patients
- Act as a companion for appropriate patients
- Deliver blankets, towels, washcloths, beverages as approved, read to the patient or provide books and magazines
- Ensure that Care Boards are updated and accurate
- Answer phones and make calls
- Support and/or complete ancillary support tasks as assigned by the Ward Clerk/Charge Nurse
- Accept deliveries (flowers, supplies, etc)
- Assist with transportation of discharged patients to their vehicles
- Transport lab specimens as requested
Hours of Service: Monday - Sunday 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 four hour shift per week
- Current nursing student or have degree
- Care Partner - Internal Medicine...
- Music Volunteer (Acoustic...
- Neurology Department Volunteer
- Care Partner - Oncology/...
- Cardiology Support Volunteer
- Care Partner - Intensive Care Unit
- Concierge - Employee Health...
- Dialysis/Nephrology Volunteer
- Public Affairs Volunteer
- Care Partner - Post Partum...
- Pediatric Clinic Volunteer...
- Red Vest Concierge Volunteer
- Care Partner - Maternal Child...
- Care Partner - Family Medicine...
- Admissions Department Volunteer
- Human Resources Volunteer
- Materials Management Volunteer
- Care Partner - ICSU Department
- Surgical Waiting Area Volunteer...
- Care Partner - Nursing Floors