73 people are interested
Are You an Organizational Wizard? Support our Administrative Services as a Front Desk Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Beach Cities Health District
Please visit the new page to apply.
73 people are interested
- Formed in 1955, Beach Cities Health District is a public agency that provides health care services to the communities of Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach and Redondo Beach.
- The front desk assistant supports clerical and administrative needs at BCHD. We are seeking individuals available to work weekly shifts from 9am-1pm or 1pm - 5pm.
- Answer phones and provide information and referral to public
- Assist staff with clerical projects (e.g.: copying, filing, assembly of packets for events, supply inventory, data entry, prepare labels for mailings), meeting set-up/ clean up, etc.
- Work independently when staff attends meetings
- Customer service, reception, and clerical experience
- Friendly, positive, and excellent people and telephone skills
- Experienced in direct communication with the public
- Computer experience (Excel, Outlook, Word) preferred for data entry and transcribing
- Ability to learn new software platforms (e.g.: Smartsheet)
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Beach Cities Health District
514 N. Prospect, Redondo Beach, CA 90277, US
Beach Cities Health District (BCHD) is a healthcare district focused on preventive health and serves the communities of Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach and Redondo Beach. Established in 1955 as a public agency, it offers an extensive range of dynamic health and wellness programs, with innovative services and facilities to promote health and prevent diseases across the lifespan.
Focusing on wellness, not sickness, encourages people to make wiser healthcare decisions. Preventative causes of illness and death, like tobacco smoking, poor diet and physical inactivity, are estimated to be responsible for nearly a million deaths annually-almost 40 percent of total yearly mortality in the United States. According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), about 90 percent of today’s healthcare costs are for treating people with chronic yet preventable diseases. BCHD’s wellness and healthy living programs and services are aimed at making prevention an integral part of the classrooms, workplace and homes of the beach cities.
To enhance community health through partnerships, programs and services for people who live and work in Hermosa, Manhattan and Redondo Beach.
1200 Del Amo StreetRedondo Beach, CA 90277
October 23, 2023
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Data Entry
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours a week
- Shift times available: Mon-Fri 9am-1pm; 1-5pm