Do you have 1 hour a week and want to make a difference? With New Century Hospice you can do exactly that by visiting with our hospice patients! New Century Hospice patients are all over Central Texas! Georgetown to Austin - all the way down to Bastrop and San Marcos and the outlying areas. Volunteers are currently mostly needed in the Leander/Cedar Park and Georgetown areas:)
Who our patients are: Individuals who have a life expectancy of 6 months or less - given their illness takes it's natural progression. And their loved ones.
Our Care: Is provided by our team where ever our patient's live. This can be in their own home, a family member's home, nursing home, assisted living, hospital, group home.
How does New Century make a difference? As a team (including volunteers), we start walking side by side with these individuals and their loved ones.... while providing comfort care from 3 different perspectives: emotional, spiritual, and physical.
How volunteers specifically fit in: Volunteers are friendly visitors who go in without an agenda. They visit with patients or/and may provide a break for a caregiver.
A little about our volunteers:
- Do not provide any medical support like feeding, giving medicines, transferring
- Do not need previous experience in the medical field or in volunteering
- Do choose how often and where they want to volunteer
- Once matched with a patient; volunteers are also matched with the hospice care team that also takes care of that patient and their loved ones
- Come with diverse backgrounds. This includes age, work, families, thoughts, life styles, and where they live.
- Complete our team!
How you can start making a difference:
- Attend orientation: Saturday, March 25th. Lunch and snacks are provided....along with good entertainment:)
- Contact me so we can talk ahead of time.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- You decide when you want to volunteer
- Open Heart, compassion, dependability, reliable transportation