Agency: Museum of American QuiltersContact name: Sherry Johnston
Purpose: The purpose of the Museum of American Quilter’s Society is to educate the local, national and international public about art, history, and heritage of quiltmaking, including the diversity of quilts and their makers.
- Assist with Quilt Camp as needed
- Instruct school children with quilting group activities
- Hands on quilting
Length of Appointment: Volunteer opportunities are on goingthrough the quilt museum with no specific length of time commitment required.
Time Commitment: Minimum of one hour per month.
- Interest in quilts and their history.
- Teaching experience preferred
- Must have working knowledge of quilting
Support: Support will be provided by Volunteer Coordinator, Sherry Johnston
Dress Code: Dress casual
- MAQS quarterly Newsletter
- 20% discount in the gift shop the day of the volunteer meeting
- 10% discount on the day you volunteer
- Volunteer training and handbook
- Participate in gallery talks and other special events
- Free admission tickets accumulated based on the number of hours you volunteer
- Satisfaction in knowing you are contributing to the education and enjoyment of our visitors!
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Creatures Great and Small
- Disaster Preparedness
- American Red Cross
- Hospital Volunteers
- American Cancer Society
- RSVP of Paducah-McCracken County
- Friendly Visiting with Seniors
- St. Nicholas Free Family Clinic
- Food Drive Volunteer
- Museum Guide and Gift Shop
- Disaster preparedness
- HEART USA
- Mentoring Youth
- American Cancer Society - REACH...
- American Cancer Society - ROAD...
- Sort Donated Food/Clothing for...
- American Cancer Society -...
- General Office Work
- Assistant to Quilting Education...