Agency: Museum of American Quilters
Purpose: The purpose of the Museum of American Quilter's Society is to educate the local, national and international public about art, history and heritage of quiltmaking, including the diversity of quilts and their makers.
- Greet visitors.
- Give directions to various exhibits.
- Answer questions by visitors about the museum and exhibits.
- Guard quilts from being damaged.
Length of Appointment: Volunteer opportunities are on goingthrough the quilt museum with no specific length of time commitment required.
Time Commitment: Minimum of one hour per month.
- Interest in quilts and their history.
- Comfort with public speaking.
- Ability to study quilts and relate information to visitors
Support: Support will be provided by Volunteer Coordinator, Sherry Johnston
Dress Code: Dress casual
- MAQS quarterly Newsletter
- 20% discount in the gift shop the day of the volunteer meeting
- 10% discount on the day you volunteer
- Volunteer training and handbook
- Participate in gallery talks and other special events
- Free admission tickets accumulated based on the number of hours you volunteer
- Satisfaction in knowing you are contributing to the education and enjoyment of our visitors!
- Public Speaking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55
- Creatures Great and Small
- Disaster Preparedness
- American Red Cross
- Hospital Volunteers
- American Cancer Society
- RSVP of Paducah-McCracken County
- Friendly Visiting with Seniors
- St. Nicholas Free Family Clinic
- Food Drive Volunteer
- Museum Guide and Gift Shop
- Disaster preparedness
- HEART USA
- Mentoring Youth
- American Cancer Society - REACH...
- American Cancer Society - ROAD...
- Sort Donated Food/Clothing for...
- American Cancer Society -...
- General Office Work
- Assistant to Quilting Education...