Job description:The Design and Merchandising Intern is a part-time internship position that involves understanding ReStore’s sales goals and arranging the store in a way that helps achieve those goals. This internship will provide hands on experience in retail merchandising and design and will demonstrate how a store’s set up can significantly contribute to the bottom line.
Training and resources: Upon starting the internship, the intern will be familiarized with the policies, procedures, and goals of Habitat ReStore. They will then be familiarized with ReStore’s merchandise, floor plan, sales strategy, and current design and merchandising techniques. The ideal candidate should have a background in design whether it is work experience or classroom education they are looking to translate into real world experience.
Time commitment: At least 12 hours per week in the store required.
Benefits: The volunteer will learn about Habitat for Humanity’s mission of building simple decent affordable housing. S/he will: a) learn ReStore’s role in attaining the affiliate’s goal, b) engage in a meaningful volunteer experience, c) gain hands-on, retail merchandising experience, and d) learn how to design the layout of a store in a way that minimizes theft and maximizes sales and impulse purchases.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 12 hours per week
- ReStore General Internship -...
- ReStore Retail Management Intern...
- ReStore Social Media Intern -...
- ReStore Volunteer Cashier
- ReStore Donations Coordinator...
- Habitat ReStore - Rockville
- Habitat ReStore - Silver Spring
- Construction Crew Leaders, Unpaid
- Volunteer Engagement Intern
- ReStore Design and Merchandising...
- Family Partner Committee
- ReStore Donation Acquisition...