Transitional Resources' mission is to help adults living
with the most serious and persistent forms of mental illness by providing respectful and optimistic recovery-oriented services, affordable housing, and advocacy against discrimination, which works to break the cycle of incarceration, hospitalization and homelessness. For more information, please see Transitional Resources' website at www.transitionalresources.org.
Transitional Resources (TR) seeks Board Members who want to make a difference in their community by supporting the work of TR and by providing mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by TR's Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Board-CEO relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is critical. Transitional Resources is a small, effective agency that successfully helps the people we serve attain a better life--one with hope, opportunity, and recovery.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about TR's mission. Specific Board Member responsibilities* include:
- Organizational leadership, governance, and oversight
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO as she implements TR's strategic plan
- Providing financial management, including adoption and oversight of the annual budget
- Partnering with the CEO and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
- Representing TR to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Fundraising and outreach
*Members of the board share these responsibilities while acting in the interest of TR. Each member is expected to make recommendations based on his or her experience and vantage point in the community.
Length of Term and Time Commitment:
- Board Members serve a 3-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for two additional terms.
- Board meetings are held the fourth Thursday of each month from 6:00--7:30 p.m. at
Transitional Resources in West Seattle.
- Committees of the board typically meet monthly.
- Board members are asked to attend 2-4 special events per year, as they are
Contact: Ms. Darcell Slovek-Walker, CEO of
- Resource Development / Management
- Mental Health
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment