Member of Board of Directors
33 people are interested
Transitional Resources' mission is building better health, stable housing, and a community of support for people living with mental illness. We offer a continuum of behavioral health services that are integrated and comprehensive coupled with permanent, supportive housing. Transitional Resources is a small effective agency that reduces homelessness and institutionalization in King County. Our programs promote recovery and a better life for those with serious and persistent mental illness. For more information about our work, please see Transitional Resources' website at www.transitionalresources.org.
We are looking for volunteers who really want to make a difference. Board service is a great opportunity to contribute, first hand, to the decision-making process that helps us continue our mission. No matter what role you hold at Transitional Resources - case manager, client or Board Member - you will find respect and optimism, which cultivate a sense of personal investment and feeling of empowerment to make change. We value a diversity of lived and professional experience and aim to have a Board of Directors that is reflective of our client population.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about TR's mission. The Board of Directors is responsible for:
- Organizational leadership, governance, and oversight
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO as she implements TR's strategic plan
- Providing financial management, including oversight of the annual budget
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
- Representing TR to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Fundraising and outreach
Length of Term and Time Commitment:
- Board Members serve a 3-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for two additional terms
- Board meetings are held the fourth Thursday of each month from 6:00--7:30 p.m. at Transitional Resources in West Seattle
- Committees of the board typically meet monthly. Each board member serves on one committee
- Board members are asked to attend 2-4 special events per year, as they are determined
For more information about this opportunity, please contact: Darcell Slovek-Walker, CEO of Transitional Resources at (206) 883-2026 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
2970 SW Avalon WaySeattle, WA 98126
- Resource Development / Management
- Mental Health
- Legal (General)