Member of Board of Directors
Transitional Resources' mission is building better health, stable housing, and a community of support for people living with mental illness. We offer a continuum of behavioral health services that are integrated and comprehensive coupled with permanent, supportive housing. Transitional Resources is a small effective agency that reduces homelessness and institutionalization in King County. Our programs promote recovery and a better life for those with serious and persistent mental illness. For more information about our work, please see Transitional Resources' website at www.transitionalresources.org.
We are looking for volunteers who really want to make a difference. Board service is a great opportunity to contribute, first hand, to the decision-making process that helps us continue our mission. No matter what role you hold at Transitional Resources - case manager, client or Board Member - you will find respect and optimism, which cultivate a sense of personal investment and feeling of empowerment to make change. We value a diversity of lived and professional experience and aim to have a Board of Directors that is reflective of our client population.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about TR's mission. The Board of Directors is responsible for:
- Organizational leadership, governance, and oversight
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO as she implements TR's strategic plan
- Providing financial management, including oversight of the annual budget
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
- Acting as an ambassador for the organization and participate in fundraising
We are striving to make our leadership reflective of the community we serve. we particularly encourage applicants from groups below who are currently underrepresented on our Board of Directors:
- Men and Nonbinary individuals
- People who have lived experience with mental illness and/or homelessness
Length of Term and Time Commitment:
- Board Members serve a 3-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for two additional terms
- Board meetings are held the fourth Thursday of each month from 6:00-7:30 p.m. at Transitional Resources in West Seattle
- Committees of the board typically meet monthly. Each board member serves on one committee
- Board members are asked to attend 2-4 special events per year, as they are determined
**Board meetings are held virtually during COVID**
For more information about this opportunity, please contact: Darcell Slovek-Walker, CEO of Transitional Resources at (206) 883-2026 or email@example.com.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Transitional Resources
2970 SW Avalon Way, Seattle, WA 98126, US
Transitional Resources helps adults living with the most serious and persistent forms of mental illness by providing respectful and optimistic recovery-oriented services, affordable housing, and advocacy against discrimination which works to break the cycle of incarceration, hospitalization and homelessness.
Transitional Resources is a licensed mental health center and residential program located in West Seattle that serves all of King County. The agency was founded in l976 as a residential treatment facility for young adults diagnosed with mental illness. What began as a residential treatment program for fifteen has now grown to include six different programs serving over 200 individuals each year.
Our services are enhanced by a strong sense of community that not only provides natural support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, but inspires hope in consumers who are in the early stages of recovery.
We highly value work, education, volunteer experiences, and involvement in other meaningful adult activities as important components of recovery. Our belief that consumers can and want to work and lead meaningful lives is demonstrated by the many vocational services we have offered since the agency's inception.