Transitional Resources' mission is building better health, stable housing, and a community of support for people living with mental illness. We offer a continuum of services that are integrated and comprehensive. Our programs use pioneering concepts that promote recovery and a better life for those with mental illness. For more information, please see Transitional Resources' website at www.transitionalresources.org.
We are looking for people who really want to make a difference. Transitional Resources is a small effective agency that is successful in helping the people we serve attain a Better Life. It is a great opportunity to not only experience serving on a Board but also to contribute, first hand, to the decision-making process that helps us continue our mission. No matter what role you hold at Transitional Resources - case manager, client or Board Member - you will find respect and optimism, which cultivate a sense of personal investment and feeling of empowerment to make change.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about TR's mission. Specific Board Member responsibilities* include:
- Organizational leadership, governance, and oversight
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO as she implements TR's strategic plan
- Providing financial management, including adoption and oversight of the annual budget
- Partnering with the CEO and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
- Representing TR to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Fundraising and outreach
*Members of the board share these responsibilities while acting in the interest of TR. Each member is expected to make recommendations based on his or her experience and vantage point in the community.
Length of Term and Time Commitment:
- Board Members serve a 3-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for two additional terms.
- Board meetings are held the fourth Thursday of each month from 6:00--7:30 p.m. at
Transitional Resources in West Seattle.
- Committees of the board typically meet monthly.
- Board members are asked to attend 2-4 special events per year, as they are
Contact: Ms. Darcell Slovek-Walker, CEO of
- Resource Development / Management
- Mental Health
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment