Keep Austin Housed, a project of Front Steps, is recruiting 35 AmeriCorps Member to fight homelessness in Austin. ALL Members serve FULL TIME for an 11-month term (Sept 2016-July 2017)/ Work hours vary but are typically 9:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday.
*How to Apply*
Complete an application at https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=64771 or visit www.my.americorps.gov, click search listings, and search for Keep Austin Housed.
*What Members Do:*
- Work with one of our 10 non-profit partners
- Work directly with youth and/or adults who are homeless, at risk of homelessness, and/or are formerly homeless. Attend regular training
- Participate in Community Service projects
Front Steps (lead agency), Caritas of Austin, Casa Marianella, Family Eldercare, Foundation Communities, Foundation for the Homeless, Goodwill Industries of Central Texas, LifeWorks, SafePlace, and Trinity Center.
- Members must be at least 20 years of age
- Have completed at least one year of college coursework
- Work/volunteer/intern experience with homeless and/or social services preferred
- Members must be able to establish and maintain professional boundaries as well as feel comfortable working with families, children, adolescents, and single adults in issue areas of shelter and housing, mental health, substance abuse, domestic violence, general health, education, and refugee services. Some placements require reliable transportation and bilingual Spanish speakers.
**Members will be required to pass a National Criminal Background Check before beginning service.
- $12,500 annual living allowance (Approximate)
- $5,645 education award upon completion of 1700 hours and 11 month term of service
- Health Insurance
- Student loan forbearance on qualified federal loans
- Professional Development and training opportunities
For Info About KAH: http://www.frontsteps.org/what-we-do/keep-austin-housed
For Info about AmeriCorps: http://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorps-state-and-national
Front Steps Keep Austin Housed is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, or sexual orientation.
- Elder care
- Crisis Intervention
- Mental Health
- Case Work / Management
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training