Be a superhero & save lives!
Providing Foster Care is one of the most impactful ways you can help homeless pets.
Our Foster Care team increases the number of lives we save every year!
Foster Care Providers provide temporary home care for dogs, cats, puppies, and kittens while they await adoption. We provide the supplies, and you provide the love and care!
Berkeley Humane provides:
- Supplies (food, toys, bedding, litter, etc.)
- Medical care
- Support from the Foster Care Specialist
- Must be 18 or older.
- Have genuine concern for the welfare of animals, consistent with Berkeley Humane's mission.
- Be able to monitor medical conditions and evaluate the behavior of the foster animals.
- Be able to check on the foster animal every 4-5 hours.
- Must provide care and socialization.
- Must provide regular transport to medical appointments and adoption weekends.
- Must be willing to separate foster animals from your own animals.
- Must commit to 4 months of availability.
- No experience necessary!
If you are interested in becoming a Foster Care Provider, you can read more about our program and sign-up here: https://berkeleyhumane.org/Foster
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Provide transportation