Volunteers Wanted at Uhuru Furniture & Collectibles - Philadelphia! A project of the African People's Education and Defense Fund (APEDF.org).
Are you looking for a way to support social and economic justice for the African community, and make a positive contribution to African community led programs? Want to get a great workout, work collectively, and be part of a community that struggles for human rights? Volunteer 2 hours a week or more to support justice for the African community!
Here's what you can do to help get the word out:
* Put up posters in your neighborhood
* Participate in collective literature distribution
* Get your friends/class together to volunteer as a group
* Get the word out online
* Help with customer service at the store
* Sort and display knick-knacks
* Clean and repair donations
* Help move furniture
* And much, much more!
Volunteering at Uhuru Furniture is a great opportunity to contribute your skills, enthusiasm and energy in support of economic development and social justice for the African community. As an independent resource base for the vital work of APEDF and the Uhuru Movement, every volunteer hour you contribute at Uhuru Furniture adds significantly to these crucial programs. Help get the word out - please pass this information on to all of your friends and contacts!
Uhuru Furniture & Collectibles - Philadelphia is located at 832 N. Broad St., Philadelphia, PA 19130. We hold volunteer orientations every Thursday night from 5-6pm on the second floor of our store. You can come into the store to sign up for the volunteer orientation, or you can call us at 215-546-9616 (x3). You can also check out our blog uhurufurniturephilly.blogspot.com for new items and volunteer projects. We're open 6 days a week from 11am-6pm, every day except Monday!
Uhuru Furniture & Collectibles is an economic development project of the African People's Education and Defense Fund (APEDF.org), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. APEDF is lead by and works in the interest of the African working class, to address the grave disparities in education, health, healthcare and economic development faced by the community. APEDF welcomes the contributions of everyone who supports these goals.
Through the sale of donated, quality furniture and collectibles, Uhuru Furniture raises much-needed resources to support the programs and institutions of APEDF. As part of the national and international Uhuru Movement, APEDF organizes African people to attempt to solve the everyday problems imposed on the African community. APEDF has established a health care center, community gym, healthy grocery store, tutoring programs, youth athletic teams, community kitchens, African marketplaces, and organizing centers as part of the grassroots effort to change the conditions in the African community.
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Sewing for Social Justice!
- Volunteer at Uhuru Furniture &...
- Internship: Business Marketing &...
- Unemployed/Retired? Meaningful...
- Postering! Exercise, Sun and...
- Practice Your Photoshop Skills...
- Need Community Service Hours?...
- Internship: Outreach Coordinator
- Join the Volunteer Promotions Team
- Volunteer Your HTML/CSS Skills...
- Marketing For Social Justice
- Group Service Project
- Internship: Marketing Assistant
- Marketing Assistant Volunteer...
- Graphic Artist - Design for...
- Furniture Painting for Social...