Bereavement Facilitator - Healing Hearts Center for Grieving Children and Families
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where30 Milestone RoadDanbury, CT 06811
Become a Volunteer Group Facilitator with Healing Hearts Center for Grieving Children and FamiliesYou can help grieving children and adults find support, compassion and acceptance after the death of their parent or sibling. Volunteer group facilitators will complete a professionally led training that is required of all volunteers. After completing the 20 hour training, volunteers work in teams to create a safe environment for children, teens and parents/caregivers to discuss their grief issues. On-going supervision, instruction and support from the Program Manager (as well as other program staff) help volunteer facilitators develop their capacity to be a helpful presence to the bereaved.Time CommitmentGroup facilitators are requested to make a ONE YEAR commitment. Groups meet bi-weekly September - June, and once per month in July and August. Regular attendance is essential to maintain continuity with the children and families.Facilitators and program staff members meet with each other before and after the support groups for preparation and debriefing sessions.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- after training, 2-3 hours per week
- fingerprinting required
- Massage Therapy Volunteers
- Pet Partners - Hospice Volunteers
- Food Service Volunteers
- Administrative Volunteers
- Fundraising ("Chapter") Volunteers
- Volunteers to support hospice...
- Hospice Family Support Volunteer
- Reiki / Therapeutic Touch
- Community Bereavement Volunteer
- Regional Hospice Volunteer...
- NEW HAVEN AREA - Hospice Family...
- Bereavement Facilitator -...
- Lobby Greeters