Primary: The Volunteer Manager supervises volunteers and provides direction, coordination, and consultation for all volunteer functions within the WorldBeat Cultural Center. You will work closely with Marketing, Public Relations and professional associations to begin timely search for volunteers.
The goal is to offer a wonderful and seamless experience to our guests during our public or private programs.
Duties and Responsibilities (but not limited to the ones below)
- Develop, promote, and maintain the range of volunteer opportunities within the organization
- Recruit, interview and place applicants for appropriate volunteer positions to ensure appropriate staffing to support areas of operations [visitor service areas, exhibits and education, special events, development, and marketing/communications]
- Facilitate volunteer orientation and training for all volunteer activity
- Maintain Volunteer Service Descriptions [accurate time and activity records] for each volunteer assignment and prepare reports for center's management
- Be the single point of contact to support and guide volunteers, and resolve any grievances and establish cooperation during event activities
- Develop and manage volunteer policies, procedures, and standards of volunteer service
- Assess visitor feedback received through comment forms Organize and participate in volunteer recognition programs and special events
- Collaborate with center staff to assess budget and needs for volunteer assistance
- Recommend optimal use of volunteers, suggest appropriate volunteer/supervisor mix
- Evaluate volunteer programs to ensure continuous improvement and recommend/implement changes as appropriate
- Develop and maintain relationships with other volunteer organizations within the area to identify community outreach opportunities
- People Skills
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Social Media / Blogging
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 3 months
- Event Assistant
- Gardening & Ethnobotany
- Marketing and Sponsorship
- Marketing Intern - WorldBeat...
- Publicity Volunteer
- Web Developer
- Multi-media Techicians/Editor
- Center Care Personnel
- Volunteers For Earth Day!
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Operations Manager and Event...
- Office Management & Organization
- Event Coordinator
- One WorldBeat Cafe
- Grant Writer and Developer
- Social Media & Community...
- WorldBeat Cultural Center...