The volunteer staff nurse assists with the provision of client care and medical service operations.
- Review patient chart, including the intake forms, medical services consents and other pertinent data.
- Perform urine pregnancy testing and provide verification documentation and/or recommendation for retest.
- Provide education, as directed by nursing staff, regarding pregnancy health, prenatal care, reproduction, sexually transmitted infections, abortion procedures and risks, overall women’s health and other education based on client need (after adequate training and demonstration of comprehension).
- Obtain patient’s medical history to assess eligibility for ultrasound exam.
- Provide support to the other medical staff, including chaperoning exams.
- Meet with patient after the exam or pregnancy counseling, education, and referrals as needed.
- Provide pregnancy counseling (options exploration) as needed.
- Review client records at the end of each shift and complete data entry for services performed.
- Assist with maintenance of medical records and other administrative tasks
- Assist with inventory and supply maintenance
- Comply with state and professional certification requirements, if applicable.
- Complete annual review of center policies and procedures, infection control regulations, and safety procedures.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- Volunteer Instructor
- Administrative Assistant
- Information Technology Specialist
- SOCIAL MEDIA NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Volunteer Fatherhood Coordinator
- Volunteer Medical Assistant
- Volunteer Marketing Specialist
- Executive Assistant
- Baby Store Manager
- Volunteer Nursing Staff
- Volunteer/Events Coordinator
- Volunteer Peer Counselor