- Volunteers will assist military service members, military dependants, military reservists, National Guard, and military retirees using the USO Lounge at Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall
- Volunteers are expected to become familiar with the USO’s information resources regarding USO services and events as well as services and facilities available on Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall.
- Volunteers provide helpful and courteous customer service to all Lounge guests and are always available to answer any inquiries from guests as needed. Volunteers will also manage video game and DVD check-outs from the Lounge
- Volunteers are responsible for keeping the Lounge neat and orderly, brewing coffee as needed, and replenishing snacks and beverages.
- Volunteers are expected to observe security procedures when signing guests in, and to enforce all USO policies and procedures.
- Suggestions, recommendations and problems should be conveyed by volunteers to their supervisor.
- Volunteers are expected to arrive on time for their scheduled volunteer shift, and to contact a replacement in the event of illness or emergency. If a volunteer is unable to find a replacement, then their supervisor should be contacted.
- Volunteers will assist with special events on occasion
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 shifts a month. Shifts range from 2 to 4 hours
- Access to a computer needed for scheduling and communication