Support the troops! Become a Joint Base Myer Henderson Hall Honor Guard Lounge USO Volunteer
56 people are interested
- Volunteers will assist military service members, military dependants, military reservists, National Guard, and military retirees using the USO Lounge at Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall
- Volunteers are expected to become familiar with the USO’s information resources regarding USO services and events as well as services and facilities available on Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall.
- Volunteers provide helpful and courteous customer service to all Lounge guests and are always available to answer any inquiries from guests as needed. Volunteers will also manage video game and DVD check-outs from the Lounge
- Volunteers are responsible for keeping the Lounge neat and orderly, brewing coffee as needed, and replenishing snacks and beverages.
- Volunteers are expected to observe security procedures when signing guests in, and to enforce all USO policies and procedures.
- Suggestions, recommendations and problems should be conveyed by volunteers to their supervisor.
- Volunteers are expected to arrive on time for their scheduled volunteer shift, and to contact a replacement in the event of illness or emergency. If a volunteer is unable to find a replacement, then their supervisor should be contacted.
- Volunteers will assist with special events on occasion
228 McNair Road, Bldg. 405, Fort Myer, VA 22211, US
The USO lifts the spirits of America's troops and their families.
Serving those who serve, and their families is more than a tagline for the USO of Metropolitan Washington. It is at the heart of what we do every day. Every program and service we provide is centered around our desire to give back to the men and women who sacrifice so much for our country. Whether it is bringing in a celebrity to brighten the day of a patient in the hospital or a moon bounce at Deployed Family Fun Day, our goal is to boost the morale of the military community.
We'll work with your schedule.
228 McNair RoadBldg. 405Fort Myer, VA 22211
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 shifts a month. Shifts range from 2 to 4 hours
- Access to a computer needed for scheduling and communication