We are looking for a Computer Class Instructor to teach Introduction to Computers and/or Introduction/Intermediate Microsoft Office classes one night per week. Classes are held on Weekday Evenings.
The Jane Addams Resource Corporation (JARC) is a key regional provider of job training, adult basic education, financial services, and workforce support. The JARC Adult Learners Program and Services (ALPS) is a busy part of our agency. ALPS offers computer classes, lab access, and tutorial assistance to our students. Many of our ALPS services are run by volunteers.
We are located on Chicago's North Side, one block north of Montrose, in the heart of the Ravenswood neighborhood.
- Have the opportunity to help underserved students bridge the "digital divide"
- Teach class groups of up to 10 motivated students in JARC's lab
- Connect students to new skills and opportunities through technology
- Have access to strong on-site support for lesson planning and materials preparation
- Practice and develop classroom teaching skill
- Serve alongside a team of dedicated, collaborative instructors
- 1 day a week / 2 hour class / 9 weeks - (you could teach more than one class, if you want)
- We ask that Instructors commit to 3 months of volunteering
- Classes are taught on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesday and Thursday; no weekends
- Classes run all year around, usually with a 3 week break in between sessions.
- Each class has 1 to 10 students
- Instructors should be able to commit to 2 hours per week, one night per week for 9 weeks
How to Apply:
Email Suzanne Till SuzanneT@jane-addams.org
JARC is located at 4432 N. Ravenswood, Chicago IL, 60640. We are one block north of the Montrose Brown Line and three blocks south of the Ravenswood Metra.
- Teaching / Instruction
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- Computer Science
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training