We are looking for women to staff the helpline who are available for two shifts each month. Shifts are overnight shifts from 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m., available seven days a week, or 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Saturdays and Sundays. There are two helpline volunteers on each shift and a back-up RCC staff person on-call at all times.
TRAINING AND EVALUATION
- 5 training sessions
- 2 observation shifts
- 2 to 3 volunteer meetings per year
- check in with on-call advocate each shift, direct supervisor, as needed.
- general understanding of, or interest in learning about, sexual assault issues
- ability to respond to callers in a supportive manner
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- one year commitment
- staff 20 crisis line shifts per year
- follow all RCC guidelines, policies and procedures for the crisis line as well as those outlined in the volunteer handbook.
Visit our website at www.thercc.org to complete an online application and for more details about upcoming training opportunities.
- People Skills
- Crisis Counseling
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Two shifts per month for a year
- 20 total shifts