Rape Crisis Center
We are looking for people to staff the helpline who are available for two shifts each month. Shifts are overnight shifts from 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m., available seven days a week, or 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Saturdays and Sundays. Due to COVID-19 there is one helpline volunteer on each shift and a back-up RCC staff person on-call at all times. This volunteer opportunity is open to people of all genders.
TRAINING AND EVALUATION
- 5 training sessions
- 2 to 3 volunteer meetings per year
- check in with on-call advocate each shift, direct supervisor, as needed.
- general understanding of, or interest in learning about, sexual assault issues
- ability to respond to callers in a supportive manner
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- one year commitment
- staff 20 crisis line shifts per year
- follow all RCC guidelines, policies and procedures for the crisis line as well as those outlined in the volunteer handbook.
Visit our website at www.thercc.org to complete an online application and for more details about upcoming training opportunities.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Rape Crisis Center
2801 Coho Street, Suite #301, Madison, WI 53713, US
The purpose of RCC is to work to eliminate sexual violence and enhance self-determination by providing a supportive environment for all people who have been affected by the continuum of sexual violence. We take action by providing financially accessible services including prevention, education, networking, intervention, counseling and advocacy through the united efforts of staff, volunteers, and members of the community.
Rape Crisis Center offers support and information for anyone who has experienced past or recent sexual assault.