- Create a welcoming environment while greeting and assisting clients upon their arrival atKarlisFamilyCenteror CentrePoint and on the telephone.
- Engage children in playful activities while they are in the reception area and help maintain cleanliness of the center.
- Hosting the waiting area, which includes helping children feel comfortable, maintaining a safe environment, and notifying specialists and counselors when clients arrive.
- Answering the telephone and transferring the caller to appropriate extension as well as providing referrals.
- Supervising children three months to 12 years of age while they are waiting in the reception area.
- Helping children to understand appropriate behavior for indoor and outdoor play, and interactive play with other children.
- Supervising children’s use of the computer.
- Assisting with maintaining cleanliness of center, for example, empty the trash.
Our organization’s constituents will receive premier service and be connected with the best Family Tree staff member to meet their needs.
- Host and Reception Assistant will demonstrate the value of effective volunteer engagement and attract additional volunteers that can help build Family Tree’s capacity.
- This role will helpKarlisFamilyCenterand CentrePoint staff to fulfill strategic priorities.
Training & Support
- We ask each volunteer to attend the following trainings led by Family Tree experts: Volunteer Orientation, Domestic Violence Symposium, At-Risk Youth, Homelessness 101.
- Host/Reception Assistant will have additional training fromKarlisFamilyCenteror CentrePoint staff.
- Completion of volunteer orientation and background check.
- The volunteer will act in a non-discriminatory manner toward all clients, regardless of age, sex, race, national origin, religion, physical handicap, political affiliations, social or economic status, affliction preference, or choice of lifestyle.
- Sufficient knowledge of conditions that may require the use of our facility, i.e. domestic violence, physical or sexual abuse, neglect, chemical dependency, and/or mental illness.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be dependable - when scheduled to volunteer, must honor commitment and understand the consequences of calling in or no-showing for a shift.
- Must have good judgment, maturity, common sense, and a high degree of responsibility.
- Fulfill initial training and orientation process requirements.
- Satisfy mandatory follow up training requirements including, but not limited to the Domestic Violence training.
- Becoming part of the Family Tree team, providing solutions for families in crisis to become safe, strong and self-reliant.
- Opportunities to make a difference in the lives of children and to create a more child-friendly community.
- Opportunityto participate and be active with a dynamic team of social service providers.
- Work experience to enhance the strength of your resume.
- On-going support, supervision and recognition.
- Opportunity to be considered for employment with Family Tree.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours per week during evenings and/or weekends.
- 3-6 months
- Host / Reception Assistant -...
- Administrative & Crisis Support...
- Supervised Visitation...
- House of Hope - Dinner Donor
- Domestic Violence Outreach -...
- House of Hope - Children's...
- House of Hope - Children's Tutor
- Communications and Public...
- Karlis Family Center - Playtime...
- Family Advocate Volunteer