21 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Ronald McDonald House Charities West Michigan
Please visit the new page to apply.
21 people are interested
In-House volunteers at RMHC West Michigan play a crucial role in providing our guest families with the best possible comfort and care. In House volunteers are responsible for supporting the smooth operation of the House by performing a variety of House related duties.
- Greet guest families and visitors
- Supplemental front desk support as needed
- Organizing or sorting files and donated items
- Completing cleaning and organization tasks
- Completing House laundry
- Resetting family rooms
- Assist with mailings, printing, stocking, and other duties as required
The ideal In-House volunteer is one who embodies our mission of providing support for families while acting in appropriate and professional manners. Preferred skills include:
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft office suite
- Ability to self-initiate, organize, and work independently when necessary
- Ability to take direction and perform new tasks
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Showing kindness, caring, sensitivity, and willingness to help others
- Exemplifies outstanding customer service skills while adhering to strict confidentiality
Due to the nature of our organization, In House volunteers must:
- Pass a criminal background check
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Complete volunteer training as needed
- Ability to walk up and down stairs and lift up to 30 lbs.
- morning / 09:30 AM to 11:30 AM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Ronald McDonald House Charities West Michigan
1323 Cedar Street NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, US
"To provide a 'home away from home' for families of children and youth seeking medical treatment in our community."
Ronald McDonald House Charities West Michigan (RMHCWM), located less than 10 minutes from the medical hub of downtown Grand Rapids, offers private rooms with bathrooms, home cooked meals, a shuttle service, cleaning, laundry, and whatever the family needs to stay whole during this crisis in their lives.
Last year we provided accommodations and services to 388 families. Volunteers provided an amazing 6,441 hours of service, the shuttle van was driven 19,637 miles making nearly 70 trips per week transporting families as needed, and hundreds of home cooked meals were prepared in our kitchen. These services and so many more make up RMHWM.
1323 Cedar NEGrand Rapids, MI 49503
April 25, 2022
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We ask our In-House Volunteers to work at least 2-3 shifts per month for at least 6 months.